WONDER GUIDE - WESTPORT, CT
Wonder Guides embody wonder, magic, fun, and happiness. Guides lead guests through the Wonder’s immersive theatrical experiences, which take kids of all ages along on a story ride. Guides also welcome, interact, encourage, and enhance the guest experience while ensuring that guests have a fun and safe time. Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the Guide role include singing, dancing, magic, comedy, conversationalist, impersonator or otherwise.
- And the Oscar goes to…Lead scripted, interactive experiences and classes with theatricality and enthusiasm
- Be extra…Welcome guests to the experience with a creative flair that lets them know they’re in for an unforgettable time. Also learn how to use a reservation system.
- At your service…Lead with hospitality: Acknowledge, greet, and interact with guests throughout their visit.
- Keep it clean…Monitor structures and toys in the space to ensure proper placement, functionality, and safety. Routinely clean designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom maintenance etc)
- Team work makes the dream…Collaborate with other team members to keep the space clean and organized at all times to create and maintain a pleasant environment for guests
- Strong customers service skills and welcoming demeanor required
- An interest in the family entertainment, hospitality, and/or experiential programming
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Prior work experience in a theater, retail, museum, amusement park
- Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the experience including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, conversationalist, impersonator or otherwise
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Be a “People Person” – friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short cover email – nothing epic, just a quick intro in your own words. We want to get to know you as well as your experience.
- Your favorite joke – can be knock knock or other variety. Yes, seriously.