WONDER GUIDE - WESTPORT, CT
The Wonder is an absurdly playful members space for kids AND grown ups with crazy cool classes and experiences and an all-around vibe of merry-making. Wonder Guides embody wonder, magic, fun, and happiness while leading kids through unique programming and classes, lofi activities, all the while maintaining a safe and welcoming space where everything is an invitation for play!
- Lead classes and programming… with enthusiasm and a flair for the theatrical
- Bring joy and wonder to children… each time they come to The Wonder via unique programming and daily play
- Welcome guests to the space… with a creative flair that lets them know they’re in for an unforgettable time. Also learn how to use a reservation system
- Lead with hospitality… acknowledge, greet, and interact with guests throughout their visit
- Keep it clean… while monitoring structures and toys in the space to ensure proper placement, functionality, and safety. Routinely clean designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom maintenance etc). Monitor safe play at all times
- Collaborate with other team members… to keep the space clean and organized at all times to create and maintain a pleasant environment for guests. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- Strong customers service skills and welcoming demeanor required
- An interest in the family entertainment, hospitality, and/or experiential programming
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Prior work experience as a caregiver or in the theater, retail, museum, schools/camps, family spaces
- Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the experience including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, conversationalist, impersonator or otherwise
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Be a “People Person” – friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short cover email – nothing epic, just a quick intro in your own words. We want to get to know you as well as your experience.
- Your favorite joke – can be knock knock or other variety. Yes, seriously.