WONDER WRITER - REMOTE
Your mission: Help The Wonder create narrative experiences for kids and families. We’re not talking circle time with the itsy bitsy spider here. We are talking over the top, off-theater experiences that come to life in our spaces based on seasonal themes. For example, in our Winterland space we went on an expedition for a missing yeti. You get the drift.
This position is remote and will begin as a monthly retainer with an opportunity to transition to a permanent in house position.
- Work with our leadership team, marketing team, early childhood educators, and other experts as needed (e.g. musicians for a music class) to create experiences
- Create one major overarching experience pertaining the seasonal theme, alongside 5-10 mini experiences that take place in our spaces
- Develop from concept to playbook/script that can be brought to life in all Wonder spaces
- Work with team on content/media/costumes that goes alongside any experience -e.g. If we do an expedition to Antarctica we might project snow on the wall
- Workshop classes that collaborate with talent – e.g. Rocket Science with Nasa, Ballet with Misty Copeland
- Make magic – I mean, it’s called The Wonder for goodness sakes!
- A sense of humor
- Great narrative/story telling skills
- Ability to make allegorical references, knowledge of different story types
- Wealth of pop culture knowledge to insert into programming (makes parents feel seen)
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short cover email – nothing epic, just a quick intro in your own words. We want to get to know you as well as your experience.
- Your favorite joke – can be knock knock or other variety. Yes, seriously.